Millions across the globe will completely identify with this fun holiday since it is something they already do regularly. Love Your Pet Day is an actual fun holiday that sends your pet’s senses into over drive with more love than they could possibly ever take in any 24 hour period. Do something extra special for your pet today. Coordinate an official holiday play date with other pet owners or celebrate with your family. Whatever you decide to do, make it super special and take lots of pictures!
Make a special balm for your pet’s paws! We found this great DIY recipe for you to make and enjoy with your pet from halifaxdogventures.com.
- 1/2 cup natural beeswax
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. shea butter
- 10 drops vitamin E
Yield: Approx. two jars (250-mL each).
1. Fill a pot about one-third full with water and heat to medium-low.
2. Set a standard or large-sized mason jar inside of the pot. This creates a double boiler effect. (You could also just use a double boiler, but beware: my mason jar was impossible to get clean afterwards so I am glad I used something fairly disposable.)
3. Put the beeswax in the jar and heat, stirring often, until it’s melted. This took about ten minutes. (Tip: I used a wooden skewer to stir so I wouldn’t ruin a spoon.)
4. Add the coconut oil, olive oil and shea buetter. As you can see, I was pretty loose with my measurements. Heat until melted, stirring often.
5. Remove from heat and add the vitamin E drops. Stir.
6. Pour the mixture into storage containers. I used smaller mason jars. (Tip: I like the wide-mouth jar the best because I can put Dallas’s paw inside the jar and simply rub her paw on the balm to apply it.)
7. Let it sit for an hour or so until it hardens.
Voila! You now have an all-natural, yummy-smelling paw protector for your pooch! I hear this stuff also works well for dry human skin.
Have a beautiful and successful week!
TODAY IS LOVE YOUR PET DAY