Hair by Catwalk by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin
Inspired by Japanese street art, Chris Benz created his spring/summer 2013 collection with visions of “Tiny Tim” and a mantra of “scary but pretty” running through his head. To complement the beautifully organized chaos of prints, patterns, shapes and fabrics, Catwalk by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created a look reminiscent of a “Japanese school girl gone zombie.” The hair was full of texture with severe accents of braids and a sumo knot at the crown, highlighting Benz’s quirky inspiration and breathtaking ensembles.
- Prep coarse hair with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Sea Salt Spray; prep fine hair with Catwalk by TIGI Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse
- Blow dry the hair straight to ensure sleek and straight roots and part in the center with a messy, zig-zag part
- Section the front of the hair into four braids, two on each side of the part
- Next, braid a small section of hair behind the right ear directly to the scalp
- Divide remaining hair into four different sections and work into four braids
- Spray all braids with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray and press with a TIGI Pro Flat Iron to set
- For a bit of sheen and a slightly oily look, spray the roots with Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
- Remove and brush out all braids except for the one behind the right ear
- Section hair at the crown of the head, back brush slightly and pull into a small bun, securing with an elastic
- Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Sea Salt Spray or Catwalk by TIGI Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse
- Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Work It Hairspray
- Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
Have a beautiful week!
Photo and text content: TIGI Hair Care Video: ModernSalon.com.